Pages

Wednesday 16 August 2017

Aircraft used during the Spanish Civil War

Over the past two days I have been working on the section of my book that deals with air forces that took part in the Spanish Civil War. This has proven to be bit if a Gordian Knot to unravel ... but I finally managed it. Both the Republican and Nationalist air forces underwent several reorganisations during the course of the war, on top of which the presence of both Italian and German independent air forces in Spain added another layer of complication. Sorting this out was not an easy task, especially as several of the references I am using contradict each other.

I am now in the process of putting together data about the main types and makes of aircraft used by both sides ... and it is quite a long list! With a bit of luck I should be able to get this data together by the end of tomorrow, and then I can move on to the next section of the book.

4 comments:

  1. Quite sure you don't want "Air War in Spain" back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trebian,

      Thanks very much for your kind offer, but I gave you my spare copy and still have one.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Bob
    You don't hang around do you?
    'Aircraft of the SCW...yeah, I'll knock that of this afternoon'

    Your research techniques/methodology must be considerably more robust than mine. Generally I look stuff up, occasionally scribble sthg illegibly on a piece of scrap paper and think that I will probably remember the rest. Of course when it comes to it I can't read the piece of paper and can't remember which source I found the other stuff in - nevermind what it actually was.

    I generally do all my research at least three times. And I never learn from the last time.

    Cheers

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rumblestrip (Andrew),

      Over the years I have kept notebooks in which I record any particular information or source of information that might be of use. When I sit down to write, I have the notebooks to hand ... and just take it from there.

      My first book took less than a week to write ... but I had undertaken five years of research and preparation beforehand.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.