Pages

Wednesday 5 July 2017

Oops! A minor error on the back cover of the hardback edition of my latest book!

A eagle-eyed purchaser of my latest book – DEVELOPING THE PORTABLE WARGAME – contacted me to ask why the contents listed on the back cover of the hardback edition of the book was incomplete. I must admit that it was not something that I had checked, but when I did I realised that I had missed out the second half of the contents list. What should have looked like this ...


... actually looked like this:


Now this minor error has in no way affected the actual book itself, but if at some point in the future my book ever becomes 'collectible' (something that is very, very doubtful!), that minor error might just increase the value of the copies with the incomplete text ... just a little bit!

6 comments:

  1. A potential silver lining (or cover rather) for some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ross Mac,

      Yes ... but only if my books ever becomes collectible!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. I am am the proud owner of a limited edition miss-print. With early copies of Dungeons and Dragons fetching several hundred dollars, I may be able tobretite eargly !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon Meech,

      If my mistake can help you to retire early, then I feel all the better for making it!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Of course it will on be valuable after 40 odd years and to someone willing to part with the stuff. Since I will probably dead by then (or at least should be) this is a moot point. Personally I know the work that has gone into the project and would be poud to own it notwithstanding. Oooh, I've never used that word before, even in my PhD thesis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen Briddon,

      Thank you for your very, very kind comment. I only wish that I had been able to start writing and publishing my ideas earlier ... but then the books would not have been half as good as they are!

      Here's to forty years on!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.