Pages

Tuesday 17 May 2016

Cordery's Composite Cavalry Corps: The uniforms are identified!

Thanks to some sterling research done by Edwin King, the uniforms of the various units that currently make up CORDERY'S COMPOSITE CAVALRY CORPS have been identified as follows:
  • The 'Red' Hussars are Russian Life Guard Hussars
  • The 'Green' Hussars are French Chasseurs à Cheval of the Guard
  • The Polish Cavalry are officers of the Russian Life Guard Lancers/Uhlans
The figure that I have not yet bought from the range that is on sale at THE WORKS is of General Murat. The uniform he is wearing is a bit too flamboyant for my taste, and might require a bit of re-painting to make is usable for FUNNY LITTLE WARS.

2 comments:

  1. This used to be one of my favorite magazines. However, my local bookstore stopped carrying it. I mainly would buy it for the Glynn Guest free plans. I have three hulls based on his plans in my basement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jhnptrqn,

      Sorry to hear that you are no longer able to get hold of copies of this magazine.

      Glynn Guest is an excellent designer of ship models. I have always found his plans easy to understand and the building process simple to follow.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.