Pages

Saturday 30 November 2013

A quiet day before a busy week

After doing quite a bit of wargaming (and other things) this week, today should be relatively quiet. With luck I will be able make a few minor but neccessay changes to my ITCHY AND SCRATCHY rules before my wife and I go to visit some old friends who own a small holding in Kent. We are going out to dinner with them and, having looked at the restaurant's website, it looks as if we have a great meal to look forward to.

Tomorrow looks like starting with an early morning visit to Bluewater (a large shopping centre near the southern end of the Dartford Crossing) followed by some food shopping. If recent visits to Bluewater are anything to go by, my wife and I will return from the experience feeling tired and rather anti-social, having 'maxed-out' on crowded places during the brief time we will be there.

Monday will see me getting ready for and then attending a meeting of my Masonic Mother Lodge in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, where we will be initiating a new Brother into 'The Craft'. My part in the ceremony is only a minor one, but it will be followed by a formal dinner where I am giving the toast to the visitors.

After the meeting I will be bringing home one of the other members of the Lodge, and he will be staying with my wife and I overnight. Both of us hope to go to Firepower: The Royal Artillery Museum on Tuesday morning after my wife has made us one of her memorable cooked breakfasts. After our museum visit I will take my friend to the local underground railway station so that he can get across London to catch his train home to Bristol.

On Wednesday my wife and I have to go to collect the new camera she is buying for me for Christmas. (It is an entry-level bridge camera made by Fujifilm, which we chose because it was reasonably priced even though it has a viewfinder and CMOS sensor.) We ordered the camera online using the 'click and collect' option rather than postal delivery one because we don't want to risk losing it in the mountain of mail that the Post Office has to deal with at this time of year.

I am not sure what will happen on Thursday ... but no doubt something will crop up that needs to be done. If I manage to do any wargaming over the next few days, it will be a miracle ... but miracles do sometimes happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.