Pages

Thursday 11 October 2012

The 'modern' version of the Portable Wargame: giving in to the inevitable

Having made the somewhat old version of the 'modern' variant of my PORTABLE WARGAME rules available online (Until I found it on my computer I had not realised that I wrote it over a year ago), I was rather stunned by the positive feedback I got, especially when I intimated that I might produce an updated version.

After thinking about it, I have decided to bow to the inevitable ... and I have moved the writing of PORTABLE WARGAME 2: MODERN from near the bottom of the pile of 'things to do' to the top. I am not sure how long it will take ... but once the draft is completed I will make it available online and I will have to fight a play-test battle or two.

One thing that I have taken note of is the almost universal desire expressed in the feedback that the rules be written for a squared grid. So be it. PORTABLE WARGAME 2: MODERN will be optimised for a squared grid.

Now where did I put that large piece of green felt?

6 comments:

  1. Yes, new rule updates!
    Yes, more battle reports!
    Good to hear.
    Thanks, Bob.

    Regards,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ferryman (John),

    I am happy that the news pleased someone!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait too! Good news about the squares, I think I'd burst into tears if I had to repaint my boards in diamonds!

    Cheers
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nic101,

    It sounds like I have pleased yet another regular blog reader with my decision!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to seeing the updates too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tradgardmastare,

    Hopefully they will be available sooner rather than later!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.