Pages

Friday 20 April 2012

More real estate

I have been going to the Adriatic on and off for some years now, and each time I go there I try to buy a few small pre-painted resin houses to add to my collection. They usually cost between two to five Euros each, depending upon quality and size.

This year was no exception, and I managed to acquire the following model houses in Croatia ...



... and Greece.


The buildings are small (1:200th to 1:300th-scale) but do not look too out of place when used with 15mm-scale figures. The Croatian buildings are especially useful as they can be used to represent building from most European countries that border the Mediterranean. The Greek building are somewhat less generic, but do have the distinctive blue roofs found in that region.

6 comments:

  1. Jim Duncan,

    They are also relatively cheap, and seem to be sold in almost all the tourist shops.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob,

    Love the buildings! I have a number of Greek buildings myself but those you have display seem a little more detailed. Half of mine were courtesy of Corfu and the other from a boot sale in Essex!

    Size wise they also fit nicely with the Town in a Bag buildings and look just the ticket with the blocks I use.

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Crook,

    I bought all my Greek buildings in Corfu, having found none on sale in Kefalonia (they were in the windows of shops that were shut; one of the problems of going there before the 'season' has really started).

    All the best,

    Bob

    PS. I am going back later this year, and may try to buy some more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bob,

    I will bear that in mind as I may ask you very nicely to get some for me!

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  5. David Crook,

    Well I never! I thought that you would never ask! (I even tried to drop a LARGE hint, just in case you might be interested.)

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.