Pages

Friday 21 October 2011

Friday went better than expected

I had the feeling that today was not going to be a great day ... but in actual fact, things went better than expected.

My wife and I visited my father-in-law this morning and managed to get him to pay another visit to the flat we were going to buy for him to move into ... and he completely changed his mind about the move. He now wants to move into the flat ... and to make the move as quickly as possible. We even discussed the changes that would need to be made to the flat – mainly a new bathroom and some new furniture – and how quickly the changes could be made.

On our way home we stopped off at a large DIY store and managed to buy a very nice coal fire-effect electric fire for our living room. This has meant that we have had no problems heating the main living spaces of our house despite the fact that our central heating boiler is not working.

I also managed to begin painting some of my Heroscape™ hex terrain tiles. I have decided to paint the sides of all the hexes with Citadel Graveyard Earth paint, and then use Citadel Camo Green paint on the top surface of those that will be flocked with static grass. I did intend to paint the tops of the hex tiles I will flock with cork granules with Citadel Kommando Khaki paint, but I am having second thoughts and want to check out some alternative colours first.

So today was not such a bad day after all ... and with luck the central heating boiler will be fixed tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Bob,
    That's good news!
    Our boiler broke down last autumn and was deemed beyond repair. So, a new boiler required; problem, current gas regulations do not allow boiler to vent up chimney as ours did, but must vent through external wall - and our kitchen, being mid-terrace, has no external wall; solution, put new boiler in conservatory [fortunately, there was one wall tall enough to accomodate it!]; result: gaping hole in kitchen units where old boiler had been; solution, new fitted kitchen!
    And every amendment my wife made to the original kitchen design made it even more expensive...
    I just hope your boiler problems can be solved more economically!
    Arthur

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that your day was so much better than expected, Bob; and I wish you good luck with your furnace.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arthur1815,

    Luckily - as you will read in my next blog entry - the boiler was fixed fairly quickly and easily.

    I must admit that I did dread having to have the boiler replaced as it would have mean a complete kitchen re-build as well. It was not necessary ... this time.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bluebear Jeff,

    Yesterday felt like a turning point for us, and the decision to go ahead with buying the flat for my father-in-law - come what may - was a big step forward.

    As to the boiler ... well that is now up and running as well as ever.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.