Pages

Monday 9 May 2011

Lending tone ...

A small package arrived in today's post, and after the day I have had at work (the least said about events at work today the better; if I mention manure and air conditioning in the same sentence, you will get the idea!) it was nice to have something to lift my spirits. The package contained the first of the American Civil War Britain Deetail Cavalry figures that I have bought.

It has been said that the Cavalry existed purely to lend tone to an otherwise uncivilised brawl; well these characters look rather rough and tough, and very unlike the European Cavalry the saying referred to. They will form the basis of the Cordeguayan Regular Cavalry Regiment, and I hope to add some more figures to their ranks in due course.

I cannot wait to see how they perform on the battlefield ... but knowing my luck with Cavalry, it will be quite badly!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,

    I would be very surprised if your luck with cavalry could possibly be as bad as mine. It takes a rare form of genius to be able to take the entire cavalry reserve of a French 7YW army and comprehensively ruin it in around two game turns.....;-)

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Crook,

    I once 'lost' the entire Prussian Cavalry and Artillery Reserve during a Franco-Prussian War battle to a single French Cavalry Division that managed to charge straight through them, routing them as it went!

    Beat that!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look a useful bunch - and will probably be perfectly safe (I too have a dismal record with cavalry...)
    I really most paint up my second batch of Mamelukes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim Gow,

    As I said, they are only there to add tone ...

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.