Pages

Sunday 6 March 2011

The portable wargame: Twentieth century version

Whilst I was hors de combat yesterday, I had plenty of time to think about where to go next with my portable wargame. The rules are pretty well at the end of their development, and are suitable for fighting battles set during the mid-nineteenth century to the early twentieth century.

I know that at least one person is working on a Napoleonic Wars version of the rules I have developed from Joseph Morschauser's original 'Frontier' and 'Musket' wargame rules, and I had been thinking of developing a version for fighting battles set during the 1930s and 1940s. This morning I decided to see if such a development was possible, and during the course of the day I have been writing the first draft of this new set of rules. Unlike my previous attempts, this time I started with my existing rules and amended them to include new weapons, including Mortars, Infantry Guns, Anti-tank Guns, Armoured Cars, Tanks, Self-propelled Artillery, and Medium Artillery. The basic architecture and mechanisms of the rules remains unchanged, and I hope to be able to make this first draft available for interested blog readers to read and/or print sometime tomorrow (or even later today!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.