Pages

Monday 31 January 2011

Do I really own that many locomotives?

After my recent blog entry about railways and wargames, I decide to sort through my storage boxes to find out just how much railway stuff I had.

The result was rather shocking.

It turned out that I own five HOe-gauge locomotives, ...

... three eight-wheeled passenger carriages, ...

... five four-wheeled passenger carriages, ...

... a closed goods wagon, and four mineral trucks.

In addition, I also own several N-gauge items (including a locomotive) that can be used 'as is' or converted for use with my HOe-gauge locomotives and rolling stock.

This was a bit of a revelation for me ... as I only thought that I owned a few bits and pieces!

2 comments:

  1. I bought one of the "western train sets" on Ebay a while back with the intention of a ACW game, but with 1:72 plastics. I even bought some expensive Bachman Civil War figures for it. After seeing your comparasion shots with 15mm figures I might have to dig out some 15mm figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jhnptrqn,

    Although 1:72nd-scale is supposed to be the same as OO-scale, it is not. Even some 1:76th-scale stuff looks too large when placed alongside OO-scale railway stuff. When you add HO-scale to the equation, things get even more confused.

    At the same time, some more modern 15mm-scale figures are actually closer to 18mm tall ... which is only just a little shorter that the earliest 1:76th/OO-scale Airfix figures.

    Personally, I think that if the height of the figure looks right when it is alongside a locomotive and rolling stock, then the fact that they are not quite the same scale does not seem all that important.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.