Pages

Monday 9 November 2009

When Empires Clash! – Colonial Wars: Redrawn diagrams

I have managed to spend part of this afternoon redrawing the various diagrams that I used in the last draft of WHEN EMPIRES CLASH! – COLONIAL WARS.

The original diagrams were produced using Microsoft’s Visio Drawing Program, and then transferred to Microsoft Paint to be tidied up and converted into bitmap images. The latter was done to reduce the size of file required to store the finished publication.

I was very aware that the lines on the diagrams were a bit too thick, and the new ones have much thinner lines. This makes them much more ‘user friendly’ and they don’t seem to dominate the page as much.

For example, here is one of the original diagrams …

… and here is the newer version of the same diagram.

I think that most of you will agree that the latter is much better than the former.

2 comments:

  1. I hate to be the fly in the ointment - and this is going to be a purely personal view - but I preferred the original... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve,

    If I could have got the same clarity with the old method that I get with the new, I would have stuck with the original design. As it is, the end result was easier to prodiuce and takes up a lot less file space.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.