Pages

Wednesday 11 February 2009

Too much work ... too little time ...

The last few days have been very hectic, with work and my non-wargaming life taking up almost all my available time. As a result I have not yet been able to set up the play-test of my most recent proposed modifications to the TABLE TOP BATTLES wargames rules. With a bit of luck the situation should ease tomorrow, and if it does I hope to be able to report back on the results of the play-test.

The play-test will be set up somewhat differently from previous ones. Because I want to see how effective the modifications I have proposed are or are not, I intend to set up a simple attack scenario that I will run in duplicate. In other words the same scenario will be played out on two identical parallel battlefields. When I throw dice the results will be adjudicated in both battles according to their allotted version of the rules. This sounds much more complicated than it actually is, but it is as close to a ‘scientific’ method of play-testing that I can come up with.

In the meantime I have added a visit counter to my blog in the hope that I can get some idea how many people are reading my rambling and incoherent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.